Light House Hostel
Light House Hostel Ltd (LHH) will be a “controller” and “processor” of the personal information that you provide to us i.e. we will look after your information and not pass it on, in accordance with the guidelines set out in this policy document.
When you enquire or make a reservation with LHH, we will ask you for the following personal information: name, address, email address, gender, date of birth, nationality, credit card number, passport number, information about previous stays, room or bed preference.
1. Contractual purposes
We need to collect our customers` personal information so that we can effectively run our organisation and manage your reservation.
We will use your personal information to:
• provide you with core customer services,
• invoice or pay you (customer or supplier).
2. Legitimate purposes
We also process our customers’ personal information in order to:
• communicate with our customers, answering all queries, comments or concerns with Light House Hostel.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at email@example.com or call +44 7910 834 785.
3. Legal obligations
We are required by law to process certain personal information in order to comply with:
• the Companies Act 2006 to maintain a register of our customers, hold General meetings, issue notices and voting arrangements.
• the Equality Act 2010, which requires us to process personal information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary. We will process such personal information, through aggregated and anonymised reports, to enable us to monitor the existence or absence of equality of opportunity between groups.
4. Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with details on these additional purposes.
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities such as Disclosure Scotland or Police Scotland. We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
Where we do need to share personal information with third parties, we will only share the necessary and relevant personal information required for the specific purposes and take sensible steps to ensure the information is used only in the manner it is intended.
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and on our booking system provided by Hostelworld, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with the relevant services as a customer. We will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your profile or participated in one of our events for 5 years. We will keep certain personal information of customers for longer in order to confirm your identity.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting Light House Hostel on +44 7910 834 785 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• the right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• the right to have your personal information corrected or added to, should you deem it to be incomplete;
• the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes;
• the right to request us to delete your personal information. Any requests received by Light House Hostel will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk